Thursday, August 02, 2007

Visits From Around The World

A little over a year ago Mason and I started this blog. The primary reason was to communicate with friends, family and neighbors - to keep everyone up-to-date. I have had periods where I haven't done a very good job posting on a regular basis, but I think I've gotten better the past couple of months (at least I hope you think so).

About 2 months ago, I started using some tracking software for Max & Mason - similar to what I use for my business blog (which I need to do a better job at updating, but, hey - one thing at a time, right?). It's called Google Analytics. The statistics and reports are very interesting. The software shows us how many visitors our blog gets, where they are in the world, how they got there, how long they stayed on the site, etc. There are many business applications for this, but for Max & Mason, it's just for fun.

Today I looked at the report that shows where all of the visitors to our blog are logging in from - out there in the World Wide Web. Since June 8, 2007 (when I added the tracking) through today, we've had 810 visits from 100 cities! That's pretty cool. I wonder how many visits we've gotten since we first started? If you click on the picture, you can probably find your "dot", unless this is your first time visiting, then it won't be on there. The bigger the orange dot, the more visits from that location.

Thanks for stopping by. This report confirms that we're not alone and that, if even by random clicking from unknown people, we are being thought of and hopefully Jenny (through our tales) is being remembered for the wonderful wife, mother and friend she was.

Love,
Max & Mason

No comments: