Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Grandma & Grandpa VV

The past few weeks have been trying. I don't know what I'd be doing without Jenny's parents to watch Mason!

You often hear, "nice people", "salt of the earth" used to describe friends and/or family - but it is really true with Bob and Viola Van Vuren. I don't think I've ever heard them say anything bad about anybody. They are always around if Mason needs a place to "hang-out". Grandma and Mason do a lot of baking, puzzles and games. They are even good sports when it comes to things like fashion shows (both the Mason with her friends kind and the kind where Mason will dress up stuffed animals or dolls).

Jenny's mom, Viola, will be 83 next month and her dad, Bob, will be 90 in January, and he manages to call me every morning at 6:30, just to say hi and make sure that I'm awake. I hope that the time they spend with Mason takes away a few years, rather than adds. I know that Mason really enjoys spending time with them and I'm very, very, very grateful that they are close by.

Max & Mason

P.S. Mason took the camera over there the other day and took some nice portraits. They're on flickr.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I am so glad you have G'ma and G'pa VV. I'm sure they are a huge part of your lives, and you are of their's.

The pictures Mason took of them are wonderful.