Thursday, August 16, 2007

Grandpa Carved These

Grandpa Tony celebrated his 87th birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday Grandpa.

I'm not sure how long he's been carving pieces of wood and turning them into artistic masterpieces, but he's definitely very good at it. Mason snapped this picture of a few of his projects. I'm pretty sure most everyone in the family has at least one "bird" that Grandpa carved. We have a Mallard Drake, it sits prominently on top of the tv in the living room. Everyone who sees it comments on how lifelike it looks - when I tell them that my Grandpa made it, they don't believe me at first, until I show them the inscription on the bottom that shows it was carved in '92 and given to Jenny and me in '97.

Aunt Toni sent me an article that was recently published in the local Annapolis newspaper. The opening sentence is, "Wood carving saved Tony Cimino's life." Here's the link to the full article.

I've printed the full article into a pdf. So, if the story disappears or the newspaper deletes the article, I have it for anyone who wants it. Just send me an email.

Max & Mason

No comments: