Sunday, August 26, 2007

Aftermath

The lights just came back on.

A storm came through the midwest and knocked out the power. Ummm...that was on Thursday, today is Sunday. Electric service was knocked out for approximately 250,000 homes in and around Chicago, including about 1/2 of River Forest. Some people are still without power.

I took some pictures of the storm and the aftermath. The tree in the picture was uprooted by 60-80 mph winds. Fortunately (or unfortunately - since it would have been fine with me if a tree had fallen on my garage that needs to be replaced, or the kitchen that I need to remodel) none of our trees were damaged.


Max & Mason

2 comments:

Linda said...

We heard about your storm, and were wondering if any of it hit close to your home! That wind can be wicked can't it? Remember the electricity going out for a couple of days at a time when we had blizzards here? It happened again this last winter. We were out for 74 1/2 hours, and it was so cold! It is a good thing Uncle Vern has a generator!

We are glad you are all ok!

Love you,
Aunt Linda and Uncle Vern

Max & Mason said...

Yes, glad we're ok too!

Still, if I'd been thinking, I should have grabbed the chainsaw and made sure a tree took out my garage;-)