Sunday, June 24, 2007

Thyme & Honey Review

For about the past year, my Papa and I have been going out for breakfast on Sundays. Today, we tried the newly reopened Thyme & Honey on Madison in Forest Park.

This restaurant used to be in Oak Park, but closed a few months ago - they just reopened on Wednesday of last week. It's obvious that they still don't quite have their system figured out. The service was slow. We were seated right away, but it took ten minutes for the waiter to come take our order. I ordered a Belgium Waffle and Papa ordered two eggs, bacon, potatoes and an english muffin. It took another 12 minutes for our food to arrive. My waffle was good, but I've had better. They overcooked the bacon (even though my dad ordered it to be soft) and they forgot his english muffin.

We noticed a long wait after we were seated, even though there were at least seven tables open.

Rating on a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best)

Service - 1
Food - 2
Value - 3, but if you order OJ, it's $4 for a large glass!

We'll wait awhile before going back. Maybe they just need some time to get their act together.

-Mason

No comments: