Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Remembering Jenny

Jenny would have celebrated her 46th birthday on July 16 of this year. I will miss spending that day with her and sharing her favorite "Crunch Cake", that her mom makes, with her. Jenny always ate the "ends" and left the middle for the rest of us;)

I put the journal entries from her Tribune Guest Book into a pdf, if anyone would like a copy of that, please send me an email and I will send you a copy.

Please feel free to add a comment about a memory of Jenny by clicking the "comment" link at the bottom of this post. To get things started, I'm posting a few memories from some of Jenny's friends below:

I've never written to you about my relationship with Jenny, I guess for a lot of reasons, none of them being any good I suppose.
Jenny and I met when Prescriptives was launched at Marshall Fields SS.
She was my counter manager. I was there when she met you ( or saw you for the first time) and the great amazing crush she had on you..............and then , well............there WAS Jimmy Buffett
A vivid memory of Jenny was her LONG dark nails and fishnets and little black boots. {back in the day},Prescriptives tried to get her to change up a bit, but that gal stood her ground!!!

I think that Mason summed it up in her 3rd grade story when she said that Jenny was as kind as a kitten and the hardest worker anyone will ever meet.

Jenny made me feel like I was the most important person in the world to her and she always had time for me no matter when I called or wrote. She was obviously magical in that way. She and I both had cats {back in the day} as single gals and I was always amazed that all of hers would come running when she called them. Her magic was clear with furry friends too.
I would want Mason to know that, Jenny loved that child with a depth that goes deep and never goes away.

I can tell you that every day that I use line preventor I think of Jenny.

Your wife was a gifted and magical person. She would not want you to suffer Max and I hope that you are taking care of yourself.

I married the man of my dreams, and the greatest gift I have gotten out of Jenny's passing is that I look at him every morning and thank g-d for one more day because the afternoon of Jenny's death could not have been a bigger shock no matter who you are or how you look at it.
I have gone to the stock room a thousand times myself, there is no way anyone could have thought of something so dramatic...happening.........to anyone,
There will never be another Jenny and we all know it.
Her greatest gift to all of us was the way she lived life, treated her friends, family and animals. We were all really lucky to have known her .
many blessings to you and Mason

Trish Freeman Gerencser

Ohio
---------------------------------------------------
Dear Max and Mason,

I mostly wrote this last year-I don’t know why I didn’t pass it on-maybe I thought it wasn’t done, but this seems like an appropriate time.

Some thoughts on my friend Jenny Rose:

Jenny loved life and all living things, and most of her family.
She valued honesty, loyalty and integrity above all.
She would want you to remember to hug your animals every day.
She also loved Prescriptives makeup, Jimmy Buffet, flea markets, old houses, lunch with the girls, red wine, grocery store bargains and Super Bowl parties.

I am proud to have been her friend.

Love,

Tracey
----------------------------------------------------
Max and Mason,
Jenny was on my mind all day yesterday, as were you and Mason. I'm sure this was a long year for you both. You are always in my prayers. She was a great person.If there is anything I can help you with -feel free to let me know.
In Friendship,

AJ

Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts and actions. Mason and I appreciate everything. Please post a comment about Jenny for us to read.

Max and Mason

1 comment:

Swimming In Laundry said...

Max- I just read your comment on my mother-in-laws' blog (answersinthequestion.blogspot.com), thank you for taking the time. It meant a lot to us; although, we are disappointed to hear that the weekends don't get easier.

I am SO sorry for your loss and the immense pain.

May tomorrow be filled with peace for you and your daughter.