Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Mason's Hero

Yesterday, Mason gave me a folder that contained homework assignments from each year all the way back to kindergarten. Apparently, they compile this information each year and give it back to the students at the end of 6th grade. It was great reading through her "works of art". One in particular was extremely moving. I've transcribed it below, mispelling and grammar are all Mason's (I see worse from adults, everyday in business). This was written when she was in the 3rd grade, her teacher was Mrs. Miller at Lincoln School in River Forest.


My Hero
By: Mason Rose
2.20.04
Who is your hero? Mine is my mom. She takes care of me in a very kind way. She is a hard worker, she does work every day. Whether it is at home or at her job. She always loves me know matter what I do. My mom is a hero to me, and she is the most kind person I know.

In the morning my mom starts off with a kind start. Every morning she brushes my smooth shiny red hair. Sometimes my mom does it hard, but I forgive her. It's kind to me because even though I can do it myself it's nice of her to do it anyway. After she brushes my hair on weekends, she usally plays with me. Sometimes we play games like pick up stick or cur plunk. Sometimes we play board games like "What would Lizzie do?, chekers or mollopaly. My mom even plays hide and go seek with me or we play on the computer. My Mom is kind as a kitten, but also is works as hard as an elephant. My mom is a hard worker. She loves to work in the yard. Sometimes I work in the yard too. My mom makes the yard look beautifil. She plants flowers every spring, mows the lawn and plants new grass if we need it. When ever my mom plants flowers with me the squirrels always dig the flowers up again, but we keep trying. She offen goes to work insted of staying home. My mom is a realetor (she sells houses). She also works at Marshall Fields. Her name is Jennifer Rose. She mostly sells lipsticks, perfume, and lots of make-up. She offen goes on the computer to see what homes to sell or to see what homes are selling. My mom works very hard but loves me just as much.

My mom is a loving person. Whenever I'm hurt she takes care of me. For example when I fell off my bike my knee was gushing with red blood. My mom gave me some stingey medicine and a big bandaid. After that she always holds me. Every night she saids good-night, we read a story, she gives me a hug and a kiss, and don't forget she tucks me in.

Hero's come in all shaps and sizes. My mom is a blond headed hero. My mom treats me very kindly. She is a hard worker, whether it is at home or at work. She loves me know matter what. My mom is a hero to me, and know one can ever replace her.

No comments: