Friday, February 22, 2008

Ultimate Egg Salad Sandwich

Jenny and I used to eat egg salad sandwiches about twice every month, I've had maybe 2 since she died - and today, for some strange reason, I had this unbearable craving for one.

In the past, whenever I hard-boiled the eggs, they would end up rubbery and get that gray ring around the yolk - yep, overcooked. Jenny taught me the proper way to hard boil an egg, and I've never forgotten.

First, cover the bottom of the pan with one layer of eggs (or as few as one, but what's the point in that??), then cover the eggs with cold water - there should be about an inch of water above the tops of the eggs. Bring the water to a boil, on medium to high heat - uncovered. Once the water boils, remove the pan from the heat and move it to a cold burner or counter top and cover the pan. Set the timer for 14 minutes for large eggs (12 for medium and 16 for extra large). Once the time is up, run cold water over the eggs while they are still in the pan for at least two minutes to stop the cooking process. Crack and peel the eggs to eat (I'm sure you knew that, but hey - you never know who reads these things =D)

Now, for the Ultimate Egg Salad Sandwich.
Breakfast, Lunch or Anytime!

Two hard-boiled eggs (done to perfection;-)
Tablespoon of Hellman's Lime Mayo
Teaspoon of brown mustard
Two green onions, finely chopped
Garlic salt
Black pepper
Combine ingredients in a bowl

Two slices of bacon
One slice of sharp cheddar cheese
Two slices of bread, toasted (my favorite is Brownberry Healthnut)

Enjoy, it's Delicious =D.

~ Max

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, this sounds DELICIOUS! i bet the two of you made an awesome duo in the kitchen-- i'm going to try this and make some for my friends this weekend. thank you for sharing :)