Tuesday, February 19, 2008

No School - President's Day

Mason and I decided to venture outdoors on her day off from school. Not such a great idea, the high reached 14 degrees :P We made the most of it by checking out a new driving range that opened up. There are only three like it in the country.
Top Golf - Microchips Inside

Top Golf USA has found a way to use microchip technology for golf. Each golf ball that you get from the dispenser has a microchip that identifies the ball as "yours", so when you hit it to a target, it registers back at a computer terminal your points, yardage and displays how far you were from the intended target. They even have leagues for this - my prediction, this will evolve into something everyone can enjoy, much like bowling or darts. Top Golf will let you use clubs from their inventory, so even someone who doesn't own clubs can play (like renting bowling shoes and balls) - this could sweep the nation, but will only be found in populous places.
Mason Going For It

The "suites" are heated and they have a full menu and bar, so should be great for parties too. Why didn't I think of this???

~ Max (trying to stay warm and not depressed).

1 comment:

Phil said...

That looks like it is really fun. Do they have extra targets for hooks and slices? I have only hit the ball around in my backyard nothing for points. While all of my neighbors have my freebee golf balls in their yard. This is a picture of my backyard December 2006