Monday, February 25, 2008

Hello Huskies :})

Mandy & Me

On Thursday, the seventh grade had a visit from two huskies and their owner. They live in Michigan, I think. They compete in a small dog race similar to the Iditarod. Thursday was a preview of our IDU (Interdisciplinary Unit). We Have an IDU every year - an entire week where every class spends time on a common subject.

Cruiser, Mandy and Their Musher

Mandy

Cruiser Takes a Break

This year we will be building our own sleds, and then we will race around the block. During the race we stop for pit-stops to see if the "dogs" are ok,(the dogs are actually seventh grade students)and to answer trivia questions. The dogs came to our school so we could see how they pulled the sled so we could get an idea how we will. The owner had two dogs, a boy and a girl. The girl's name is Mandy, the lighter one, and the boy's name is Cruiser, the darker one. So far, our team has figured out our blue prints and I've been selected to be the musher (I'm the lightest of the group, so no running for me =D. We have almost attached our wheels and everyone, but me has seen the trail. During the IDU week we go to our 1st period class (Tech)8th period class (Gym)and our foreign language which is my 4th period (Italian). So far, I love this IDU. Too bad I have to miss Tuesday for an Italian field trip (but at least my Papa gets to come!).

This Friday, the 29th, is the day of the race. Stop back here this weekend and I'll tell you what happened.

~ Mason

2 comments:

justem said...

How cool is that! I love dog sledding! I actually even went dog sledding up in Ely, MN! It is my goal to someday go to Alaska and see the Iditarod!

Great Post Mason! :)

Anonymous said...

dgfgfutuytrtttuyyuivghcysyasdfcsgaDTSFdtyafdaTsygTQWDSADEG\DUFYGRDUFGYHBIFHGIRTYFHIGDXUTGFHYUIFGTIUIUBJFSUREGIRITUTY9ITOIGTFHTOGIY9T89TRG9IIFH9GIH0T9Y-[T88Y8YT8H09GIIHTIPTHIPGIPF9YUYTY0HO-[90OHFG0OHOFPGO09T9YT0YH0TY-9T9T0DHT09T5--06]-9]096]547695858Y9TY9YT9YT8Y9TR[-9EEEEEEEEEEY99Y5066969996]706950000590E9595096=5555550960Y--00-UY