Friday, January 11, 2008

Phew, Holidays Over!


Mason had a successful first week being back at school. With 17 consecutive days off, it's hard to think of things to do and still be productive. Then, once it's over, it's hard to get back into the groove. Luckily, I have Jenny's dad calling me at 6:30 every morning to make sure that I'm up. Three out of five days, I went back under the covers, but we managed to make it to school on time - today was easiest, because I didn't have to make a lunch, the kids get "Fun Lunch" on Fridays - believe me, it's worth every penny!


I posted some pictures of our Christmas and a few others since our last post (none from Thanksgiving, because I forgot the camera, but we had a great meal with Bob and Vi). We are doing our best to keep with the traditions that Jenny and our friends (Susan & Chris, Bill & Elizabeth) established way before I entered the picture over 18 years ago. We spent Christmas Eve with our great friends the Elsey's (and their four beautiful and fun children) and the McNeill's (and their two very funny and beautiful kids). As usual, a great time was had by all - but Jenny was sorely missed.


A few (about 25) of our holiday letters came back, so I guess I will be able to shorten the list for next year. If you didn't get one, email us your new address and we'll be sure to make the changes so that you get one next year - with great hopefulness, next year will be a picture so that you can see how much Mason has grown and have something nice to hang on the fridge ;-)


Other than that, we keep getting by. Thank you for your thoughts, letters, cards, emails and prayers - they do help. Thank you.


~ Max and Mason

2 comments:

Linda said...

What nice pictures! I'm so glad you had a good time with all your friends. I'm sure they make it easier for you and Mason.

We love and miss you!

Aunt Linda & Uncle Vern

Lana said...

Thanks for the update and the pictures. I really look forward to hearing from you and the blog is a good way to keep everyone informed. I really loved Mason's picture this year...she is growing up so fast.

Love you

Mom