Wednesday, January 16, 2008

90 Years Old Today

Bob, Jenny's dad, celebrated his 90th birthday today. As amazing as that is, I'd lay odds that he makes it to 100 (and probably longer). We ate dinner and talked. Without question, he wished for three things when he blew out the candles (although, he couldn't tell us, because then they don't come true, right?) 1. To have Jenny sitting there with us. 2. For his son Rob to fully recover and get healthy. 3. For the Cubs to win the World Series. I know we can't have number 1 (although, I wish for this everyday - and would trade places if I could), but I sure hope he gets the other two.

We didn't do anything too exciting, that's not Bob's style. Mason and I took Bob and Viola to dinner at Francesca's Fiore in Forest Park - a little more upscale than Grandma Sally's or Blueberry Hill (their normal haunts). I've posted pictures of the grand event on flickr.

Today is also Jenny's half-birthday. It's still painful to do things like this without having her here with us. I often wish that I could trade places with her, she should be spending these special times with her mom and dad - we all miss her so much.
~ Max

No comments: