Sunday, July 16, 2006

It's been a month now...


Today, July 16, would have been Jenny's 45th birthday. There are so many things that I miss.

I miss her laugh, her smile, her drive and her positive outlook on life. I miss the way she would look at me when I made a silly comment, or told a not-so-funny joke. I miss the way she would always encourage Mason to try new things and the way she would so delicately answer those "difficult" questions. I miss her attempts at recreating a recipe from epicurious.com, and the treasures she would bring home from a day of bargain hunting at the Sandwich or Kane County Flea markets. I miss her singing along to any and every Jimmy Buffett song and her youthful-girl infatuation with him. I miss the way she would take care of every little detail, from sending thank-notes to birthday cards and making sure that we always brought the right dish to a party or get-together. I miss holding her and I miss having her hold me.

I'm not the same person as I was when she found me. I'm a better man because of her.

If you would like to write about what you miss about Jenny, you can post a comment here (just click the comment link to the right), or you can put it at this post, or you can post to the online guestbook.

No comments: